Sunday, January 10, 2010

Redwoods


We made our first trip into the redwoods today and spent about 5 hours. It was so quiet that we whispered most of the time. We rarely even heard a bird and never saw an animal, not even a slug. The trees are amazing, huge and tall - up to 300 feet. They grow so straight. We truly felt as if we were in a cathedral.

Mary had a chat with a large redwood in Stout Grove (see Mary on right in photo). Here's a bit of what he had to say. "I felt the quake yesterday and I feel them all the time. I really like them, the way they move me around. Little moves me. I chose to incarnate in a redwood to be of service to the planet. I love working with the energy and stabilizing it, as well as converting CO2. I am part of a community of redwoods who are all interconnected. This area was a power center when we had many large trees, but now it is weaker. The air is cleaner now than it was in years past." He was very friendly and kind.

The air in the redwood forest is so clear and clean. We couldn't pick up any normal forest smells. Although we looked, and called, no Sasquatch appeared. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment