Monday, July 26, 2010

The Reunion





Being back in my hometown of Wayzata, MN, was really a lot of fun. We set up in my parent’s driveway and visited with several of the extended family. My family likes to eat, so we had great homegrown food from the garden and several new restaurant experiences.

I am really impressed with the hiking and biking trails in Minnesota. There are hundreds of miles of options all over the state. The weather was great and Bob and I rode our bikes on the Dakota Trail, a 13 mile long paved path along one edge of Lake Minnetonka. I wish we’d had more time for biking and hiking but there was just too much socializing to do.

We also visited the Hindu Temple of Minnesota with my parents. I wish we had been there at a time when they had a guided tour, but it was still very interesting to watch people visiting the various shrines devoted to the many Hindu deities.

My 40th High School Reunion was a blast! It actually started on Friday night when a classmate who has a jazz trio was playing in town. Some old friends picked up Bob and me and when we got to the gig, there were about 25 other classmates there. It was a nice intro to what was to come. On Saturday evening we went to the reunion, which was held outside at a private home. I really enjoyed seeing about 100 classmates and was pleasantly surprised to see how good we all look!

Then on Sunday, we attended a brunch at the home of an old friend of mine who I’d lost touch with about 35 years ago. Guess where she has a summer home? In Seattle! I am so looking forward to getting to know her again. I will definitely make a point of getting to the next reunion.

While we were in Minneapolis, we saw this interesting vehicle going down the street. People were sitting at the bar drinking beer and moving the vehicle by peddling. The Peddle Pub! What a crazy idea. Maybe this can be our next business venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment